In order to apply for a doctoral fellowship within the DOC2AMU programme, applicants (referring to the potential doctoral researchers) must answer one of 24 calls for applications. These calls for applications correspond to select thesis projects presented by AMU researchers, and are published on this website under "Current Calls".
The calls include:
- The topic, the associated economic context, the scientific and/or technical bottlenecks to overcome
- The AMU Laboratories involved in the project, the name and contact details of the principal supervisor, the Doctoral School in which the candidate will be enrolled, the Interdisciplinary and Intersectoral Research Poles (PR2I) linked to the doctoral project and the potential non-academic partners that expressed an interest for the doctoral project
- Information on eligibility criteria specific to the Doctoral School, if relevant
Applicants must read the Guidelines for Candidates.
The applicant is responsible for submitting his/her own application. Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact their potential thesis supervisor before application in order to discuss the research project.
The applicants will submit electronically a complete application form following the template documents available through the web portal. No additional documents will be accepted after the closing of the submission portal at the time. To be eligible, the application must consist of a completed application file.
The application file consists of the following documents:
- A detailed curriculum,
- A description of the academic background and copy of academic records and most recent diploma,
- A cover letter describing why the applicant wishes to participate in this programme, a justification of the inter-disciplinary, inter-sectorial and international aspects of her/his research, his/her training project and career Plan including triple “I” dimensions, and his/her research’s adequacy with one of the proposed topics
- 2 recommendation letters (including one from the master or equivalent diploma supervisor)